Friday, March 8, 2019

Preparation! Anticipation! Satisfaction!

"Hello from the other sideeeeeeee, I must've called a thousand timesssss, to tell you I'm sorry, for everything that I've done, but when I call you never seem to be homeeee. Hello from the outss......" It was at this moment when my singing mind came to a realization.... it was my alarm clock.  It was 7:38 in the morning. " Oh shittt! I'm late! What do I do? ma'am will kill me. Oh my goodness! Why!!??", these are common reactions for people who wakes up at 7:38 AM and has a program at 7:30 AM. But I am different, the chills are on my bones. " Where are you!? Hurry, the parade will start!", said my classmate, and I'm just like, " Okay, I'll take a bath." Hahaha

It was the 117th Foundation day of my school, and I'm late for the program "again." It is one of the most anticipated and awaited days of every students of Ilocos Sur National High School. As early as the 1st weeks of February, students are already preparing for the field demonstration, the highlight of the event. Not only students are involved, but also the teachers. And a fun fact is that the teachers also prepares for their field demo, which I find cute. Because of this, we can understand clearly how the people of ISNHS value and give commemoration to the founders of the school. 

Over 8,000 people celebrates this event. This is the only time we can see Ilocos Sur National High School get united. Some students celebrate it  by not going to school because they think it was a rest day, but for me, I went because I wanted to relax, just chill and hang out with my friends. Being able to participate on these kind of big events is quite honorable for me, and I am so much proud, being a student of Ilocos Sur National High School.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm not Too Good at Goodbyes

Stepping in a new room is very nerve-wracking, but exciting at the same time. I get to see both familiar and new faces. I look at the 35 peo...